Business Resolutions – really?!
It’s that time of year again when we all make resolutions to better our lives! Some choose weight programs, some exercise, others choose to stay as is. And some even make resolutions to better their business.
According to a study conducted by the University of Scranton, just 8 percent of people achieve their New Year’s goals, while around 30 percent fail to keep their New Year’s resolutions within 2 weeks of starting.
Did you think about making resolutions for your business? Did you even plan beyond your sales pipeline for 2020? Maybe that is even a month by month or quarterly plan. We can do better than that!
Here are some ideas to shape up, tune up, and move your business forward in 2020:
- Delegate – you are not superman or superwoman. Learn to delegate and do more of it!
- Write down your business goals and then find a mentor/buddy to bounce them off. Once you have a working list then ask your buddy to keep you accountable.
- Make business planning a weekly event and invite the right people to the planning sessions. For example, you don’t need everyone to discuss the sales quota, etc.
- Make it a goal to streamline your meetings. Do you really need to have another meeting about the meeting that you just had a few days ago?
- Finally, Give back – find opportunities in your community to give back to. Donate money, time, equipment, your employees time for a charity work event. The point is find a cause that matters to you and give what you can.
This list can go on and on. If you do anything for your business this year – at least plan your goals in advance instead of on the fly. You can always adjust the process on how you reach those goals. Make the goals attainable! Stretch yourself, learn new things, empower your staff and watch your business thrive!
If you find some of your Business Resolutions needing outsourced talent, turn to the experts here at GreenStar Solutions! Our consulting services gives you access to our combined 100 years of experience and outstanding partnerships. Which could be the deciding factor in keeping your resolutions!
Cheers to a great year!
University of Scranton